Hours: Full Time
Care Home: Colliers Croft
To work with the Cook in preparing all residents’ meals, ensuring work is carried out in a safe and hygienic way, the kitchen is kept clean, meeting the Food Safety guidelines and The Care Homes own high standards.
- To assist the Cook with the preparation of varied, nutritious meals for the residents.
- Help with the serving of meals for residents, be understanding of any specific food requirements and ensure everyone is treated with respect, dignity and given choice.
- To understand and comply with statutory and legal requirements such as HACCP, Health & Safety, COSHH, Environmental Health, to maintain a safe environment throughout the home.
- To clean and tidy all areas of the kitchen with the correct products following instruction and guidance contained in the cleaning schedules ensuring the Care Home is always cleaned to the highest standards.
- Ensure that all kitchen equipment is in full, safe working order, immediately report any faults to the Cook/Kitchen Manager and the Caretaker.
- To receive and unload new stock, store appropriately and rotate current stock correctly to maintain optimum freshness of all food stuff.
- To work as an integral part of the team, contribute to meetings and training sessions as required ensuring that the Care Home is a friendly and supportive working environment
This is a team role, fundamentally within the kitchen but also with the rest of the care home team and the residents themselves. Communication is essential in order to plan and provide nutritious, interesting meals which meet the expectations of the residents.
To ensure The Care Homes high standards are maintained and that each team member treats residents in the way that they would expect to be treated themselves.
Mandatory training up to date
Supervision meeting with Cook every 2 months
Results and feedback from Home inspections and audit reports (internal and external).
Basic numeric and literacy skills
Basic food hygiene certificate
Ability to use and maintain essential catering and cleaning products
Knowledge of basic food preparation, stock control and rotation
Good communication skills
Practical and organised
Reliable and punctual
Commitment to infection prevention and control
Name: Samantha Brown
To apply for this position, please download our application form. Please return your application form to the contact (detailed above).