Job Title: Senior Carer - Days
Salary: £9.15 Per Hour
3 on 3 off
8am - 8pm
To assist with the resident’s care plan, supervising the caring team whilst working as an integral part of the caring team, delivering the highest standards of personalised care to residents. Ensure that at all times residents are treated with respect and dignity, and that individual’s rights to privacy, dignity, independence and choice are met.
1. To provide the highest level of personal care and attention to residents, following individual care plans carefully and ensuring that all contact is polite, friendly, warm and supportive. To act as a care plan co-ordinator for a named group of residents, ensuring that these responsibilities are carried out in full (as defined in the training and policy manual).
2. To understand and comply with statutory and legal requirements which are relevant such as Health & Safety, COSHH, all aspects of the Health & Social Care Act, to maintain a safe environment throughout the home. Understand and have an awareness of Infection Control
3. To participate in the formulation and maintenance of individual care plans for each resident and administer medication to residents as prescribed, accurately maintaining appropriate records for both.
4. To liaise with other care professionals relating to the care needs of the residents.
5. To always be alert to residents physical and mental well being, immediately reporting any changes in a resident’s condition to a senior person on duty, and to accurately maintain and update residents’ records as required.
6. To respect and maintain confidentiality of resident’s personal information at all times, this includes resident’s behaviour and actions and any incidents that may occur in the course of day to day care.
7. Be understanding and patient towards residents and their needs, and encourage, assist and support residents to participate in leisure activities as appropriate to the individual, ensuring their social and emotional needs are met. This also includes escorting residents to outside appointments and leisure outings.
8. Responsible for making and changing beds, tidying resident’s rooms (with the resident’s permission) undertaking light cleaning duties as needed and generally assisting in ensuring that the Home is kept clean, pleasant and welcoming at all times.
9. Helping to serve meals and drinks at meal times and other times when required, taking care to present meals and refreshments in an appealing way, with polite and courteous service. To be understanding with residents who need assistance with feeding and provide the appropriate level of support and help.
10. To be an active and encouraging member of the Care team, contribute to team meetings, ensuring good communication and participate in the induction and training of newly appointed care assistants, ensuring that the Care Home is a friendly and supportive working environment.
Relevant facts and figures relating to the job
Key worker to designated residents
Formal supervision of certain care assistants
This role is a team role, but with clear responsibility for specified residents along with overseeing and supervising the caring team. Clear communication with other team members is essential.
To supervise and support the care team, ensuring that the The Care Home values of trust, respect and care are always maintained and that each team member treats residents in the way that they would expect to be treated themselves.
Commitment to infection prevention and control
Supervision meeting with Line Manager every 2 months
Mandatory training is up to date
Completion of NVQ3 in Direct Care within 1 year of taking up post
Results and feedback from Home inspections and audit reports (internal and external).
Experience of working in a caring environment
NVQ2 in Direct Care
Good numeric and literacy skills
A warm and friendly disposition
Good communication skills, able to put others at ease
A strong team worker
Supportive and patient
Reliable and punctual
Willingness to develop new skills (to NVQ 3)
Name: Helen Duncan
To apply for this position, please download our application form. Please return your application form to the contact (detailed above).
Equal Opportunities Form