Salary: £8.33 - £8.63 (Depending on shift & proof of qualification)
Hours: 36hours (variable shifts)
Care Home: Damfield Gardens
To work as an integral part of the caring team, delivering the highest standards of personalised care to residents, ensuring that everyone is treated with respect and dignity, and that individual’s rights to privacy, dignity, independence and choice are met in a safe environment.
- To provide the highest level of personal care (toileting, bathing etc) and attention to residents, following individual care plans carefully and ensuring that all contact is polite, friendly, warm and supportive. To act as a key worker for a named group of residents, ensuring that these responsibilities are carried out in full (as defined in the training manual).
- To understand and comply with all statutory and legal requirements which are relevant such as Health & Safety, COSHH, all aspects of the Health & Social Care Act, to maintain a safe environment throughout the home. Understand and have an awareness of Infection Control.
- To always be alert to resident’s safety, physical and mental well-being, immediately reporting any changes in a resident’s condition to a senior person on duty, and to accurately maintain and update residents’ records as required.
- To respect and maintain confidentiality of resident’s personal information at all times, this includes resident’s behaviour and actions and any incidents that may occur in the course of day to day care.
- Be understanding and patient towards residents and their needs, and encourage, assist and support residents to participate in leisure activities as appropriate to the individual, ensuring their social and emotional needs are met. This also includes escorting residents to outside appointments and leisure outings.
- Responsible for making and changing beds, tidying resident’s rooms (with the resident’s permission) undertaking light cleaning and laundry duties as needed and generally assisting in ensuring that the Home is kept clean, pleasant and welcoming at all times.
- Helping to serve meals and drinks at meal times and other times when required, taking care to present meals and refreshments in an attractive way, with polite and courteous service. Also, to provide the appropriate level of support and help for residents who need assistance to eat and drink.
- To be an active and supportive member of the Care team, contributing to team meetings, ensuring good communication and helping new team members as appropriate, ensuring that the Care Home is a safe, friendly and supportive working environment.
Relevant facts and figures relating to the job
Key worker to designated residents.
Formal supervision of certain carers.
This role is a team role, but with clear responsibility for specified residents. Clear communication with other team members is essential.
To ensure that the Care Home values of trust, respect and care are always maintained and that each team member treats residents in the way that they would expect to be treated themselves.
Mandatory training is up to date
Completed NVQ2 within 12 months of taking up position
Supervision meeting with Line Manager every 2 months
Results and feedback from Home inspections and audit reports (internal and external)
Good numeracy and literacy skills. A warm and friendly disposition
Good communication skills, able to put others at ease
A strong team worker. Reliable and punctual
Willingness to develop new skills. Commitment to infection prevention and control
* (dependent on NVQ qualification and shift)
Name: Simon Shaw
To apply for this position, please download our application form. Please return your application form to the contact (detailed above).