Job Title: Night Care Manager
Salary: £10.43 Per Hour
3 on 3 off
8pm - 8am
To plan, monitor and deliver the highest standards of personalised care to residents, ensuring that everyone is treated with respect and dignity, and that individual’s rights to privacy, dignity, independence and choice are met. To supervise and evaluate the care delivered to residents always ensuring that legal and Care Home standards are met.
1. To act as the person in charge of the home in the absence of the Manager ensuring that legislation is adhered to and standards are maintained.
2. To provide the highest level of personal care and attention to residents, following individual care plans carefully and ensuring that all contact is polite, friendly, warm and supportive. To act as a care plan co-ordinator for a named group of residents
3. To supervise and support staff to be able to fulfil their job role, ensuring that these responsibilities are carried out in full (as defined in the training manual).
4. Responsible for; understanding and complying with statutory and legal requirements that are relevant, including; Health & Safety, COSHH, all aspects of the Health & Social Care Act to ensure that all care teams and other staff maintain a safe environment throughout the home. Understand and have an awareness of Infection Control.
5. To participate in the formulation of individual care plans for each resident and administer medication to residents as prescribed, accurately maintaining appropriate records for both.
6. To always be alert to residents physical and mental well being, immediately dealing with and reporting any changes in a resident’s condition. Liaising with other care professionals as required, and ensuring that all records are updated accurately.
7. To respect and maintain confidentiality of resident’s personal information at all times, this includes resident’s behaviour and actions and any incidents that may occur in the course of day to day care and to ensure that all care teams and other staff understand and respect this.
8. Ensure that all care teams and other staff are understanding and patient towards residents and their needs, and encourage, assist and support residents to participate in leisure activities as appropriate to the individual, ensuring their social and emotional needs are met. Occasionally escorting residents to outside appointments and leisure outings.
9. Undertaking general care assistant duties throughout the home as needed.
10. To be an active and encouraging senior member of the Care team, responsible for running team meetings, ensuring good communication and leading the induction and training of newly appointed care assistants, the Ideal Care Home is a friendly and supportive working environment.
11. Participate in the sales and marketing of the home in order to maintain an adequate capacity of residents in the home with the correct ratio of skilled, trained staff.
Relevant facts and figures relating to the job
Key worker to designated residents.
Formal supervision of certain employees.
This role is a team role, with clear responsibility for specified residents along with supervising the senior care assistants and care teams. Clear communication with team members is essential as well as regular updates and communication with the care home manager.
To supervise and support the care team, ensuring that the Care Home values of trust, respect and care are always maintained and that each team member treats residents in the way that they would expect to be treated themselves.
Mandatory training is up to date
Supervision meeting with Home Manager every 2 months
Results and feedback from Home inspections and audit reports (internal and external).
Minimum of 3 years working in a caring environment
NVQ3 in Direct Care
Good numeric and literacy skills
Basic budgeting and accountancy skills
A warm and friendly disposition
Strong team player
Good communication skills, able to put others at ease
Willing to develop management skills
Reliable and punctual
Name: Helen Duncan
To apply for this position, please download our application form. Please return your application form to the contact (detailed above).
Equal Opportunities Form