Salary: £9.74 - £12.18 (Quarter for overtime, Double for bank holidays)
Hours: 6 hours per day (5 days over 7)
Care Home: Damfield Gardens
As an Activity co-ordinator you will enhance the well-being of our residents through providing a stimulating range of activities. This ensures our homes are happy, interesting places to be. Your role will involve getting to know our residents so that you can plan, organise and co-ordinate activities to suit our residents’ individual needs. We will look to you to think creatively to develop a diverse and engaging programme. This will include everything from individual hobbies through to organised group events.Key Responsibilities
1. Support and lead a small team of Activity Co-ordinator apprentices.
2. To lead and participate in enhancing the intellectual and social wellbeing of the residents to provide as far as possible, a happy and stimulating experience. Help residents to socialise within the care home.
3. Encourage staff members, relatives and friends to participate in the homes activities.
4. To plan weekly/monthly activity rota’s in conjunction with the residents wishes, and encourage residents to participate in group activities.
5. To plan, organise and lead the homes special events such as Summer fetes, coffee mornings etc.
6. To source aids and equipment for activities/events within a specified budget.
7. Develop and foster good community relations and organise fund raising initiatives within the home.
8. Be understanding and patient towards residents and their needs, and encourage, assist and support residents to participate in leisure activities as appropriate to the individual, ensuring their social and emotional needs are met. This also includes escorting residents to outside activities and leisure outings.
9. Encourage Residents to participate in discussions regarding home activity programmes and aid/assist them in maintaining pre-existing hobbies.
10. To assist the Home Manager in actively marketing the home and help promote a positive profile in the community.
11. To participate/ lead in Residents meetings when required.
12. Maintain full and accurate records of activities using the relevant documents, in order to monitor, record and evaluate individual and group participation and success.
Please note: The above responsibilities are not exhaustive, other duties may be included If the need arises. At times you may be requested to work at other homes if required.Relevant facts and figures relating to the jobWithin the home to lead, motivate and guide apprentices and Care staff in the home activity programme/events..
Working hours 5 over 7 ( rolling rota)Key challenges
This role is a team role who will execute and promote an established programmed of activities that have meaning and purpose for Residents.
Mandatory training is up to date
Lead and organise evaluation meetings and act on evaluation/feedback.
Supervision meeting with Home Manager every 2 months
– Clean Driving Licence
– Ability to organise activities, events and outings
– Ability to lead and support.
– Good numeracy and literacy skills. A warm and friendly disposition
– Good communication skills, able to put others at ease
– A positive attitude to older people and a commitment to provide stimulating, quality activities and outings.
– A strong team worker. Reliable and punctual
Name: Samantha Brown
To apply for this position, please download our application form. Please return your application form to the contact (detailed above).